charity (agape) is the ability to see the good things, to recognize a value even in a bad, unjust, to an enemy. The charity has a close relationship with faith, because to find a value in something that can not seem to (charity), you should give it a bit 'of trust (faith).
In chapter 13 of First Corinthians, Paul describes the characteristics of charity:
-
" Charity is magnanimous ", ie those whose charity and hospitality, with great spirit. When you look at a person he does great, that has an overview, does not stop, as the narrow, a small defect but it can find and see every aspect of what is good.
-
" is kind ", that is kind, benevolent. He sees only the good people who want it, want it, seek him. If you do not want the good of my enemy, I will not see the good that is in him. " If I distribute all my fortune, and though I give my body to be burned " (that I die a martyr) " but I have not charity "(ie I do not want the good)" not I gain nothing . "
-
" is not jealous . It is the opposite of envy, which is not wanting to see, see the evil one who is envious can not see well.
-
" charity does not boast, it is not inflated . To see the good we must withdraw, do not occupy any space. Even when God creates the world retires, because if you fill all there is no room for creation.
-
" does not lack respect " because respect means "I honor the God in you." Even "love your enemy "is understood in this light, because you never know who is behind your enemy. This theme is not just only of Christianity, and is linked to that of hospitality: the guest is sacred and as long as it is in my house enjoys my protection and my respect because he could hide a god.
-
" not seek its own interests , those looking for something that affects just see that. And 'normal shake easier dealing with people "we care" but not we need to see the other person only from the perspective of our interest.
-
" not angry " so that anger does occupy the whole scene, swells.
-
" does not take account of the injury received . The charity does not deny the evil received, but does not take into account only that, consider the whole person.
-
" does not rejoice, but rejoices with the truth . If I'm not sorry that someone something goes wrong, it is because for me that person is worth nothing, that I can not see what good there is in her. This is a fairly common reaction against those who hurt us, but sometimes in these cases, the charity is also evident in not only revenge, not to "stab" the other person even if we'd have the chance. The charity says you do not deserve the same treatment that you reserved for me (but do not border on arrogance).
-
" bears all things . He does not deny the evil and turns it into good, but admits that behind this evil maybe there's something I do not know.
-
" believes all . Charity is possible if you rely on the charity is an act of faith.
-
" hopes all . In humans more bad, which just can not say anything good, charity sees something good, because maybe in the future he will be something good. Hope is not to be confused with the illusion, and the difference is that the illusion is unrealistic, but the hope is realistic.
-
" endures all things , even this bad, the bad past, the effort to retire and find the good in everything ...
God is love: God is magnanimous, it is benign, is not envious, God does not boast, it is not inflated, not rude, not on its own, is not angry, does not take account of the injury received, does not rejoice, but rejoices with the truth, bears all things, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Matteo Migliorini
0 comments:
Post a Comment