Thursday, August 12, 2010

Silver Flatwear Alais Royal

'colluding with the

As usual I type http://www.ilfattoquotidiano.it/ . A click here, a click there. Then stop. A title catches my attention. I read: "I have no protectors to Rai: Al Jazeera better" . How sad. Of course, news like this never fail. But what is it? I open the page. I begin to read it carefully. And I want my face too. This is why I decided to return the piece on my blog. Word after word. Good reading from an aspiring journalist increasingly disillusioned by politics that you do in Italy, a country which despite everything "is incredible: I love it."



The waterfall pours light in Times Square behind him, without interruption. Lower down, at the third floor, the Dow Jones news run fast, like a mountain stream. Alessandro Rampietti, white shirt and jeans, beard care and air of smiling, relaxed even after a full day of news, is happy.

E 'an employee of Al Jazeera television in Qatar. Moreover, it is responsible for the home match in New York. It is found difficult to handle stories such as the attempt to blow up a bomb right there, just steps from his editors. A fast-paced work: managing images and words that pass from Bangladesh to England, for Zimbabwe and the entire Middle East.

Yet "I wanted to work with Rai," says senior producer, who has thirty years. "I went to lunch with a person who has a role in public television, which, after having appreciated my skills and having said that I was good, he asked me to give my patrons," says Rampietti. The young reporter went in search of a saint in heaven, meeting a senator, however, left him "bitter taste in the mouth." The same evening I spoke with another colleague of Rai: "Listen to me - he suggested - go to Columbia University in New York, I'll help you find a scholarship. "

So it was, and the United States Rampietti has not yet returned: he has found a job that runs the continent, more certainty and more stimulation for the future. "In Italy there is no money to travel abroad, always considered a lesser extent in the news - he says - I do not like the way we do television, it looks like a radio which are associated with images sometimes meaningless, while in the world Anglo-Saxon is more attention to the story. "
Sure, there are good programs like Report ", although" twenty years have passed and it is always the same thing it's lacking the desire to innovate. " Very different, of course, the reality of Al Jazeera, actually "internationalist" and "global" that divides the desks with Reuters, appearing on the same lights of the square considered the navel of the world.

The English version of the TV of Qatar "wants to get to the level of other international channels, but concentrate on the stories of the South, trying to bring it in Serie A". This does not mean, however, "that is a perfect television: after a baby is only volumes of three years, but the possibilities are endless, and is an editorially free."

journalism in the United States is still not too far from the Roman years of Rampietti. It takes a bit of adventure, anyway. While working for Roma Uno, the metropolitan capital channel, every reporter had a scooter and a TV camera. "We wanted to be the first to tell the news," he says. Even now we need to go hunting for the most intriguing stories, interviewing the residents of the suburbs, in Bay Ridge, trying to understand the underlying causes of the crisis.

After traveling in 28 of the 50 U.S. states and making several incursions in Latin America, the producer of Al Jazeera journalism notes in a detached manner of our country: "Usually you want to show how Americans are stupid, or the last news from Hollywood, or maybe criticizing Bush praising Obama. " The United States, however, are much more complex. The major issues in recent years, there have been: "go from gay marriage to the crisis in manufacturing and automotive."

And to him who gave America? "Freedom means the freedom to understand that," he says. However, even if he is okay in New York, not necessarily spend the rest of life in the Big Apple. The family, which may include some immigrants already in the United States in past generations, it remains in Italy, a country that continues to be "incredible: I love it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment